Monday, January 17, 2011

I Won Medulla Publishing's Chapbook Competition!!!

I’ve been informed by Publisher Jennifer Hollie Bowles that my chapbook Rebellion has just won the Medulla Publishing chapbook competition! There was a monetary prize, 10% of the entry fees, and I also receive a $2 royalty on all sales, and excellent discounts if I want to buy extra copies. Yay!!!

Rebellion will be published in March, and I have already chosen the cover art, a powerful piece by my talented artist wife, Shanna Wheelock, titled US Totem.







I wish I had time an energy to gush about Medulla Publishing and Medulla Review, which are both brainchildren (pun intended) of Bowles. She runs a charismatic site that has already attracted many wonderful poets, some of the best on the net.

What decided me on entering the contest in the first place were four things: (a) Bowles’ talent as a poet (she has been published in many fine venues), (b) the creative charisma evident in the style of Medulla, (c), the growing popularity of her website and (d) her prodigious entrepreneurship.

In addition to the journal (Medulla Review) Bowles publishes chapbooks and novels and also runs various contests, such as the Oblongata. Additionally, she offers her services as a paid consultant. High energy and an eye for talent, this is a very impressive editor, and I am thrilled to be part of the advancement of her literary enterprise.

Check out what’s going on by following these links:

Medulla Review

Medulla Publishing (includes the announcement of the prize)


An extra big HOOT of happiness. Long live the Medulla!


OWL

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and a very nice piece of cover art too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, I truly appreciate it and I wish you all the best.

    Gratefully,

    OWL

    ReplyDelete