Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Acceptance: Danse Macabre

Visit Danse Macabre

My Review of Danse Macabre

That master of dark debauched eloquence, Adam Henry CarriƩre, took three poems for issue 66, which he refers to as Soixante-six, Sky. The poems are:

"God Watches L.A."
"Hetaera"
"Night Cave"

As a teaser, here are the first two stanzas of "God Watches L.A.":

-------------------

God Watches L.A.

an unimaginable
blur of brains in a sluice of cars
oozes downtown,

there to split
dull as filament
into greedy fortresses:
wars of nerve-endings, hormones,
and throats.

... [five more stanzas to go!] ...

------------------


Of course, CarriƩre & Co. have published my full-length collection Jugularity through their publishing house, Lazarus Media:

PERUSE JUGULARITY

My soul is bared in this book, a fate of which I am decidedly ambivalent.


Finally:

To any and all loyal readers I might or might not have: I am incredibly busy this semester, teaching courses across multiple universities, plus trying to persevere on my novel and also write new poems (and submit them). This blog may suffer. My apologies.

Ride in the Night, Honesty your Light,

Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment